What is a Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist?
A Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist is a highly qualified health professional who specialises in the treatment of musculoskeletal conditions, particularly neck and back pain. They employ the most advanced techniques and their results are sometimes instantaneous.
More ways to help you move well and stay well
Apart from providing rapid and effective drug-free pain relief, there are a number of important ways that Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy can help. Musculoskeletal Physiotherapists use advanced clinical assessment and diagnosis methods, and have been trained in a broader range of treatment techniques than many other health professionals. As a result, we are in the best position to improve your mobility, co-ordination, strength and overall fitness level.
A Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist can offer assistance in many ways
- They will treat any underlying problems.
- They can teach you about posture, how to move well, lift correctly, avoid muscle strain and injury and even return to fitness after childbirth, inactivity or illness.
- Mobilisation, manipulation, stretching, massage and exercise prescription are some of the key methods employed by practitioners to help improve your mobility.
- Precise, specific exercise advice can help you to correct faulty spinal movement and improve coordination, leading to smoother, pain-free movement.
- Customised exercise programs to improve power, endurance, work tolerance and overall fitness will help to increase your strength and prevent injury recurring.
Expertise - where it counts
All physiotherapists at Carina Central Physiotherapy are Musculoskeletal Physiotherapists who have gained a specialised post-graduate university degree in addition to their undergraduate physiotherapy degree. Our physiotherapists have extensive experience in the field of musculoskeletal physiotherapy.
The latest knowledge - solid evidence
Our Musculoskeletal Physiotherapists keep up to date with the latest research findings and advances in how the spine, muscles and joints work. Staff at Carina Central Physiotherapy regularly attend courses and conferences. This makes sure you are receiving the most up-to-date and effective evidence-based treatment.
Australian musculoskeletal physiotherapists have an international reputation for the quality of their skill-based training and research. In fact, many of the ground-breaking techniques employed by physiotherapists world-wide are developed in Australia.