Margie Carroll and Rowie Hill are our musculoskeletal physiotherapists who have advanced training in pelvic floor and urinary problems. Margie and Rowie have decades of experience helping women with problems such as bladder weakness, incontinence, urinary urgency, bowel problems and pelvic pain. They are approachable and gentle and will treat you with dignity and discretion. Our treatment rooms are private, quiet and comfortable.
- Stress Incontinence (a loss of urine with cough, sneeze, jump etc)
- Urgency (feeling like you have to rush to go to the toilet)
- Pelvic floor weakness
- Pelvic floor pain
- Surgery of the urogenital system
- Difficulty emptying properly (bladder and/or bowel)
We will welcome you to the clinic, listen to you, take notes and ask questions about your condition and general health. Any investigations (fluid-flow chart, urodynamics) that you have brought with you will be viewed. An internal examination of your pelvic floor muscles to check strength, endurance, tone and activation pattern is useful but not always necessary. Our clinic has a diagnostic ultrasound machine which can be used to indirectly examine the function of your pelvic floor muscles (the scanner is placed on the lower abdomen). If you do not wish to have an internal examination performed, that is ok, just let us know.
Treatment may include:
- Pelvic floor muscle exercise program prescription: specific exercises to get your pelvic floor stronger.
- Bladder retraining program: learn how to get back in control of your bladder.
- Advice before and after surgery of the urogenital system: what to do and what not to do.
- Advice regarding prolapse and appropriate general exercise: how to prevent worsening of your prolapse.
- Toileting positions: for better bladder and bowel emptying
- Muscle relaxation and down-training: graded programs to address pelvic floor pain
You do not need a referral to see our Women’s Health physiotherapists.
We will liaise with your doctor (GP, urogynaecologist, gynaecologist or urologist) when necessary.
If you would like to make an appointment with Margie or Rowie, click here.