“Music gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything.”
Musicians devote their lives to their instruments and in some ways can be likened to elite athletes. They can have:
- Muscles that are tight and overactive, or too long and weak, or a combination of both
- Poor co-ordination and control of muscles
- Joints that are stiff or too mobile
- Irritated nerves
Just like elite athletes musicians are affected by “load” on the body, due to:
- the requirements of a particular musical skill
- the demands of practice and performance
- Hands- on treatment to affected muscles, joints and nerves
- A tailored therapeutic exercise programme which enables self-treatment at home
- Strategies around practice and performance that assist with managing “load”.
If you are a musician experiencing muscle or joint pain, you can consult with one of our experienced Musculoskeletal Physiotherapists to develop an individualised management program.